I have been reading all the awesome teacher stories when I looked at my email and I read that Caralee over at Confessions of a Teachanista nominated my blog for an award.
First I need to share 7 random facts about myself.
1. I never finished fourth grade due to a medical illness. I had a tutor over the summer so I could go to fifth grade with my class. Weird, since I have been teaching 4th & 5th grade for almost 10 years.
2. I have 4 Amerucana chickens that lay pink, green or blue eggs. Yes, they are edible and the insides look like grocery store eggs. In fact if you ever have the chance to actually eat farm fresh eggs do not pass it up. They are delicious!
3. I grew up on a small non-working farm in Ohio. We had almost every farm animal (No pigs, Mom thought they were dirty animals.) even peacocks and Guinea hens.
4. If you have read my teacher story you already know this but I have been a hairdresser for 26 years and worked in a shop up to a year ago.
5. I am very shy around people (adults) I do not know. My class always tells me I am NOT like that at school.
6. I want to live to be 100. A "healthy" 100 years!
7. Number one on my bucket list is to go to Italy with my husband and kids. Both our families are from Italy. My husband still has family there.
Here are 5 AMAZING blogs to check out. Take a look....
1. Hop 'n' Dots Teaching Blog
2. Still Teaching After All These Years
3. The Groovy Teacher
4. I Love my Classroom
5.The Resourceful Apple
Thanks again Caralee!