Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Blog Award!!!!

I have been reading all the awesome teacher stories when I looked at my email and I read that Caralee over at Confessions of a Teachanista nominated my blog for an award.
Thank you Caralee!  I am so (jumping up and down) excited!!!  Ok now I need to follow the rules for this award...
First I need to share 7 random facts about myself.

1.  I never finished fourth grade due to a medical illness.  I had a tutor over the summer so I could go to fifth grade with my class.  Weird, since I have been teaching 4th & 5th grade for almost 10 years.

2.  I have 4 Amerucana chickens that lay pink, green or blue eggs.  Yes, they are edible and the insides look like grocery store eggs.  In fact if you ever have the chance to actually eat farm fresh eggs do not pass it up.  They are delicious!

3.  I grew up on a small non-working farm in Ohio.  We had almost every farm animal (No pigs, Mom thought they were dirty animals.) even peacocks and Guinea hens.

4. If you have read my teacher story you already know this but I have been a hairdresser for 26 years and worked in a shop up to a year ago.

5.  I am very shy around people (adults) I do not know.  My class always tells me I am NOT like that at school.

6.  I want to live to be 100.  A "healthy" 100 years!

7. Number one on my bucket list is to go to Italy with my husband and kids.  Both our families are from Italy.  My husband still has family there.


Here are 5 AMAZING blogs to check out.  Take a look....

1.  Hop 'n' Dots Teaching Blog
2.  Still Teaching After All These Years
3.  The Groovy Teacher
4.  I Love my Classroom
5.The Resourceful Apple

Thanks again Caralee!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Wendy for nominating my blog for an award. I was so happy to hear that. I loved reading your random facts, and had no idea that those kind of chickens even existed. I wish for you that you will someday visit Italy.
    Thanks again:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your story, Wendy!! I live in rural NY and love that you grew up on a farm:) My mom did also and my uncle still owns the farm (dairy). I nominated you for a blog award! Stop by to pick it up:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.