Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Made It Linky - Strawberry

I have posted now for two weeks and I wonder why I am able to?  Hmmmmm?  It is summer break that is why!  I LOVE to link up with Tara over at Fourth Grade Frolics. 

 I hate to say it but this is exclusively a Home Monday Made It no school stuff.  Sorry guys I needed the break.  So every year around Father's Day we have a small family run farm near our house that has  UPick  strawberry fields. 
 
We picked 9 quarts of strawberries in about a 1/2 hour.  They were huge!  My little one even found a strawberry that looked like Strawberry Shortcake's hat.  LOL  Then the baking started....  and my kitchen was trashed. 


 I made chocolate chip strawberry muffins, strawberry bread and strawberry pie.  Yummy!  I wanted to make freezer jam but did not have any pectin and was running out of steam to go to the store. So I just cut up the rest for my family to enjoy!

I love this time of year!  I cannot wait to read what the other bloggers did for their Monday Made It. Come back next Monday and hopefully I will have a few school things to post for week 4 of Monday Made It!

Enjoy,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the strawberries to be ready here in Wisconsin. Of course, it seems like the snow just melted last month. Strawberry pie is one of my favorite things to make with fresh berries. Yum!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to grow strawberries when I was little and we had a U-Pick farm. I don't mind eating strawberries, but I don't care for any strawberry flavored drinks, candies, etc. I think I had too many strawberries when I was little. Love the Strawberry Shortcake hat!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.