Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Monday, July 29, 2013

Ah Ha! I Figured It Out! TpT & Made It Monday

I am jumping up and down as I type this!  I did it!  I did it!  I may have taken me all summer but I figured it out!  I used commercial clip art and background papers in my first real TpT product.  Yes, I have done a few freebies and newsletter templates but no real cover pages using clip art and background papers.  Now my anxiety is sky high worrying that I may have did something wrong and if any one will buy it.  I could not figure out how to use background papers and clip art without using a unzipping program.  I made sure they were for commercial use and I acknowledged them on my credits page.  Then I was just fooling around with my laptop and by chance I tried to drag and drop the picture/pictues into My Picture file and PESTO it was there!  Whoo Hoo!  I used Powerpoint to make my document and saved it as a PDF.  Did I do ok?  Did I miss anything?  Please let me know so I can correct it. Take a look...

TpT: Independent Scientist

So of course I am joining Tara's linky over at 4th Grade Frolics...Made it Monday!


I also created a new Back to School brochure for my 4th and 5th grade parents.  I just used Microsoft Publisher.  It was pretty easy.



























 

I also worked on my year long plan for fourth grade math.  I won't show you that monstrosity.  I was really disappointed that I only got about half way through the Go Math series (It was new last year.) by the end of last year.  I wanted to change that so I took a different approach that I have never done before and plan out each unit's time frame with 3 days for review and 1 day for testing. Taking a look at it, I still will barely get through the series and I think I will be cutting things short with the time I allotted for each unit.  UGH!  I am feeling very overwhelmed at this moment.  Aren't we all?  What do you do when students still are not understanding the math concept?  Do you stick to your time frame and test on schedule?  Stop and reteach but for how long?  I actually will keep reteaching the concept until most of the class has it but I think that is why I was so behind last year. Any idea, suggestions or comments will be appreciated!

I think I am at last getting in my school groove. I just could not do anything school related this summer.  I tried but nope it wasn't happening until this week.  Bam it kicked in!
I would LOVE some feedback on my first real TpT product. 

Have a great Monday,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy,

    Your new product looks great! But I'm curious...why didn't you use an unzipping program and save the backgrounds and clip art as a picture file? It's so much easier that way. :)

    Have a great week,
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Don't you love it when you figure something out!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.