Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Friday, January 18, 2013

Linky, Linky, Linky - I Love Linky Parties

Well it is Friday at last.  What a whirlwind of a week.  So I thought I could link up with THREE linky parties since I should have a lot to post about from this week.

The first linky party is from Amanda over at Teaching Maddness for the Fashback Friday.



Second over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday - what a cute name for a blog!



Then lastly and a little early (Sorry but I had to squeeze this one it because I am so proud of all the projects we did this week.) is Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.
 
Here we go.... wheeeeee!

1.  On Monday we start the day finding out our art teacher has the flu so no art.  Quick on my feet  I jump on Pinterest to take a look at my boards for something crafty (I am so not an art teacher but crafts I love!) to do.  Hmmmmm  it has to be easy to pull together since I have 19 pairs of eyes waiting for something magical and something I can use in the hall for our New Family Open House which is on Sunday.  Ha!  Martin Luther King's birthday is on Monday so over at The Bubbly Blonde Teacher  I found an MKL project with a freebie from tpt.  Love it!

Here is some of my kids' work below the spheres (I will explain the spheres in a minute)....


2.  Then on Tuesday we found out our Spanish teacher had the flu, so no Spanish.  Ugh!  Well back to Pinterest and I found this adorable snowman door (There was no link so I could not give credit.) that I just had to put up for our open house on Sunday which went with our "Winter Wonderland"  theme.  The kids made the snowflakes for me to use.  You can't see what I wrote on the black bubble but it is "Baby, Its cold Outside."  The funny thing is I tried to make it a think bubble but one of my fifth graders told me it looked like the snowman was tooting black toots.  So I removed those quickly laughing my head off.  We ALL laughed our heads off! Laughter is suppose to boost immunity so we should be able to keep this yucky flu bug away with all our laughing about snowman toots.  Any little bit helps. 


3.  Last night was Science fair that I co-chair.  Oh Boy what a job.  It is hard enough getting my fourth and fifth graders to turn in their projects by the due dates but it is even harder to coordinate all the little things that make the event run smoothly.  I did have one amazing mom that was a true miracle The kids projects were AWESOME.  I was very proud to call them my students.  Here is a few... oooh are they blurry - sorry!

Acorn Germination

Geothermic Heat
4.  Then we finished up presenting our biome balls.  Biome Balls are a 12-sided sphere where each group of 3 students is assigned a biome to research the animals, plants, climate, location and fun facts of that biome.  The kids really enjoy this project and it is an easy way to wrap up the unit on biomes.

 

 
 
5. I also checked my fourth grade students' comprehension on multi-digit multiplication using partial products and the area model (Common Core) but over half bombed so I know what I am teaching or rather re-teaching next week.  Ugh!  Oh well not everything can go as smoothly as I like. 
 
How was your week?  Come link up with some great linky parties and take a look around.  I already found some great ideas for indoor recess on Collaboration Cuties.
 
Have a great weekend,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you were quick on your feet with those ideas!! So sorry so many of your specials teachers were out sick!! :( Love your projects this week! I was in charge of science fair (even though 2nd grade doesn't even participate in it) last year and I know how much work goes into organizing it! Your students' projects look awesome! :) Enjoy your weekend!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our art teacher was out sick too! But I did not come up with anything as creative as you did - I'm impressed!

    Also, I love the melting snowman idea! Too cute :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art teacher??? I am so jealous. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I {heart} when Pinterest saves the day! Reading your blog and other comments I am very appreciative of our resource teachers and that our administration hires subs for when they are out. Hope everyone is back next week!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.