Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ewwww this is sooooooo.............. COOL!

The title was the exact response my fifth graders gave me when I told them we would be dissecting owl pellets or better yet owl puke!  When we were studying food chains and webs right before Christmas break (Gosh that seems like such a long time ago.) we wrapped up the unit with dissecting owl pellets.  The kids loved this activity.  I had one student tell me with a lot of enthusiasm this is the BEST thing we have done in fifth grade!  Here is some of the pictures....
Some wanted gloves some did not.  They glued the bones onto a black piece of paper.

They found a skull!

We were able to do this activity for 2 days, they were so in to it!


I used this really cute owl pellet packet (Pictured in the last picture.)  from Lapbook Lessons.  Plus it is free!!!!!

There is a problem with the link.  Scroll down to the Owl Pellet booklet and then click on the individual pages under the picture to print off.  Those still work.  Enjoy!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My class did this same activity a few years ago and loved it as well. It is sooo gross but hands on kids love it :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.