Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Thursday, January 10, 2013

TPT or Teacher's Notebook Help!

I need to ask my blog followers who have a TPT or Teacher's Notebook store for some help.  I am trying to open either a TPT or Teacher's Notebook store but I have a strange question.  I have made a few things and want to make a few more but....

If you use Microsoft Office or Powerpoint to make your documents for your store can you use their (Microsoft) clip art or fonts?  I have tried to Google this question but have not really found a direct yes or no.   Also do I have to give Microsoft credit somewhere on my document?  I know if I download "free" clip art or fonts that say they can be used in commercial work I just have to give them acknowledgement in my document and link them back to their store or website. Right? Any help is very much appreciated. I have a tendency to be a rule follower.  Don't all teachers?

 I hope everyone is getting back into the groove of things.  This very long week was a tough one.  Christmas already seems like months ago not just a few short weeks.  I am now wondering how long until spring break?  Ha! 

Happy Friday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My understanding is that clipart from Microsoft is ok to use commercially. If you've downloaded clipart from TPT, you want to look at the Terms of Use. They can be a bit overwhelming. You want to make sure they say commercial use OK. Most ask to be credited. Some ask for a store link. Most ask you to flatten or secure the document. If you look under How Tos on my blog, I explain how to flatten on a Mac. You are welcome to email me with specific questions. There is a Sellers Forum on tpt that you see on your dashboard. You can search the sellers forum by key words. You can also look under the clip art or technology section. Everyone has questions getting started. Please feel free to email me with questions.

    -Mercedes
    Surfing to Success
    Surfingtosuccess(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to repy to your comment about weather via email but you are a "no reply" blogger. You can go into your settings and add an email address so that people can reply to your comments. :). Thanks for telling me about your weather. I find it fascinating!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.