Photobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket photo blank.pngPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 in '12 Linky


I am linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten for their linky party....


 So here I go with my top 12 favorite things.
12.  Favorite Movie - Hmmmmm?  I am not a big movie person just because taking a family of 5 to the movie could cost a family a mortgage payment.  Ugh but I did enjoy taking my kids to see the Lorax.  I remember being so impressed with the animation. 

11.  Favorite TV Series - I enjoy Parenthood even though lately it makes me sad that the mom is fighting breast cancer.  Just a little too close to home since my closest aunt (the one that filled my mom's shoes after she died of lung cancer 17 years ago)  died 2 years ago from breast cancer.  I do a lot of crying during that show.  I also love Modern Family and The Middle which makes me laugh my head off and I need that after watching Parenthood. 

10 Favorite Restaurant - Great Lakes Brewing Co - Had a romantic date night with the hubby on a warm summer night.  Ate a delicious dinner and drank beers under the stars:)  We need to do that more often.

9. Favorite new thing - One word Blogging!  Wow what an amazing other world.  I love writing and sharing about my class and I really love reading other teachers' blogs.  I have "borrowed" many ideas from some amazing teachers.

8.  Favorite gift - Ok I am going to be corny but the greatest gift I ever received was my 3 children.  I truly believe that they are a gift from God.  Even though they may drive me to the brink of craziness.  They are my pride and joy!

7.  Favorite pin - This is a tough one since I LOVE and I mean LOVE Pinterest.  I am truly addicted and can get lost for hours scrolling through all those pins.  Then I get wrapped up going from one blog to another. This is my favorite and one of my first pins which I will tell you more about when I tell you about my favorite post next.


6.  Favorite post - This goes with my favorite pin from above and was one of my first posts and first linky parties.  I linked up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for Made It Monday to show off my hallway table inspired from my Pinterest pin from above.  Ugh I can't find the picture so I will add the link so you can look at it for yourself.  Here!

5.  Best Accomplishment - Hands down was earning my teaching degree!  I worked full time while living on my own and went to school full time.  I looking back and can't believe I had the energy to do it all and planned a wedding for the week after graduation.  I can only dream of that energy now 17 years later.

Favorite picture -
 
 
 This is our newest family member, Bella.  We adopted her from a humane society outside of Toledo which is about 2 hours from our house.  We already have an adopted, white, deaf boxer named Gigi who has been lost since we had to put asleep our other white boxer.  My hubby and kids have been begging me for a bulldog and we have been looking on the internet for one at a shelter or humane society.  Those rescues are way to picky and pricey. Bella's story is she was rescued from an Amish puppy mill outside of Columbus.  She is about 5 years old and had about 8 puppy litters in her lifetime.  She was and still is terrified of people, loud noises, sudden movements and only knew life in a very small cage including doing her business in that cage.  She did not know how to potty outside and I compared her potty training to potty training an 80 year old. lol  She has come a long way in a short period of time but will not be like a typical dog.    All of us including Gigi have fallen head of heels in love with her and can't imagine our home without her.  Please think twice about buying that sweet puppy from a pet store.  Your local shelter & humane societies are overflowing with cute sweet puppies and dogs and yes some are even purebred.

3.  Favorite memory - Watching my two bigger kids make their first homerun and soccer goal.  Our little one is starting soccer this Spring. So no picture yet.  I love seeing the surprise and happiness on their faces.  I am their biggest fan and I hope they will always know that. 



2.  Goal for 2012 - Trying to reduce my worrying.  I am always worrying about everything and it just brings me down sometimes.  It is just not healthy.

1.  One Little Word - Grateful - Everyone needs to find things they are grateful for.  It is just too easy to get trapped into moaning and groaning and all those negative thoughts.  Take a look around and find your happiness.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments. I LOVE comments.