The New Year is here. I can't believe that 2013 has flown by and we are now into 2014. Time to try to remember to write 2014 when writing our checks, make goals and organize. I am not one to make resolutions since they are usually broken within the first 24 hours. Boo! So I like to make goals to make myself a better person. I also joined the resolutions party with Diane over at Fifth in the Middle Resolutions Linky
1. I want to work on my math lessons. Since I use Go Math (I hate!) for instruction and then Simple Solutions for review I feel pulled in 20 directions. The topics do not coordinate so I do a lot of mini lessons for the Simple Solutions and then a big main lessons for the Go Math. I started to use Math Stations with my co-teacher which was awesome and then we got a new student who is very very low so I lost my co-teacher so he could do small group instruction with her. Yes, I know many of you do not have a co-teacher and still do math stations but I felt I could not cover the Go Math topic and the Simple Solutions topic in one period by myself. I still do math stations but only once a week ( I have six 40 minutes periods for math.) and the rest of the week I do whole group with a mix of group and partner work. Plus it was a lot of work to plan for 4 stations for 5 days a week. How do you guys do it? For next year I am thinking of convincing my principal to drop Go Math ( for just 4th & 5th grade) and just use the Simple Solutions to drive my instruction. Any tips or suggestions for math? How much time do you get each day for math and what grade do you teach?
2. TpT - Simply I want to get more things on TpT. I also want to try on hand at making my own clip art. With everything I am reading about copyrights and images, fonts and clip arts I just think it would be easier to just use my own. But........I am not that artistic. I did read a post from Mercedes over at Surfing to Success where she uses her iPad and a drawing app. I am intrigued. Hopefully I will post something soon. Thanks Mercedes!
3. Blog - I want to blog at least once a week but I think I should try to once a month. Time just gets so busy or I am just too tired. I want to download one of those blog calendars / organizers I see on Pinterest. I do not know how to include a link in the picture so I added it in the caption. Maybe that will get me organized? Hmmmm maybe wishful thinking.
|Printable Blog Planner Link|
1. I am like everyone I know and can always lose weight but that just seems like a set up for failure for me. So I would like to eat healthier. I gave up Diet Coke last year even though I have one every once in a while, my tummy issues have improved. Yea! I would love to try to eat a cleaner diet. Less processed foods. More homemade with fruits and veggies. It is just so expensive and my kids are not too happy. They are the chicken nuggets and mac and cheese eaters. Yuck!
2. Clean, Organize, Re-Decorate - One word - WEDDING - my sister is getting married this year, April 26 to be exact! I am so excited!!! There will be so much company coming and going the week of the wedding and my house feels like a wreck! I feel so overwhelmed and excited at the same time. I am hosting the bridal shower at my house next month and boy do I have a lot of work ahead of me! I look around and all I see is the chipped paint, dog booger walls and worn furniture! UGH! I did order the invitations! I want my hubby and son to paint some of the rooms but in a little over a month? Hmmm? I may only be able to scrub the walls. I did find some great buys at the Habitat for Humanity store. A shelf for my bathroom that I have been searching for. Yep it is an old buffet top but it looks so cute and fits perfectly. I am not sure if I will paint it because the wood color matches my woodwork. $15.00 bucks!
That is it for now and thank you so much for stopping by. Please grab a cup of coffee and come back soon (Hopefully next month maybe there will be some shower pictures, maybe!). Leave a comment or two. I love to read all the comments and looking at other bloggers blogs!
Love, Peace & Happiness,